cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

RSD -vs- Mentor Graph

msexton
1-Newbie

RSD -vs- Mentor Graph

Once again I find myself at a company that is fairly new to using Pro/E and brand new to using Pro/Cabling. The next part of their migration to 3D will be using logical references to drive the Pro/Cable model. The decision hasn’t been made yet, to use RSD or Mentor Graph for the schematic and the logical referencing.

I need to put together a listing of the pros and cons for each program for the EE’s and upper management to look at before going forward. Any and all experiences, good or bad, would be a great help.

TIA

Marshall Sexton
Design Solutions

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Marshall,

I would be interested in any replies that you get offline. We are looking into Mentor and RSD as well

Thanks

Mario Santana

Varian Medical Systems.

Have you received any feedback regarding this? I am in currently looking at options for our group as well.

Phil

jellis
11-Garnet
(To:msexton)

In Reply to Marshall Sexton:

Marshall...I can not speak for Mentor Graphics. Regarding RSD and ProE: that's the combination we use. Ours is mostly OOTB however there are some companies who have configured it with java to suit their processes. As with all software combinations you must consider on-going support. There will be technical issues with either application. Where do you go if theMentorlogical refs don't import to ProEaccurately?Both ProE and RSD are supported by PTC. One must also consider the future of Creo and the potential implications it would present functioning with third party applications. You could get into a situation where you wouldn't be able to upgrade one or the other because of functional incompatibility.

A couple of our Elec and Hyd Engrs have peaked at Creo Schematics 1.0 and they have been pleased sofar. Still much eval to do.

Regards, Jim

====================

Once again I find myself at a company that is fairly new to using Pro/E and brand new to using Pro/Cabling. The next part of their migration to 3D will be using logical references to drive the Pro/Cable model. The decision hasn’t been made yet, to use RSD or Mentor Graph for the schematic and the logical referencing.

I need to put together a listing of the pros and cons for each program for the EE’s and upper management to look at before going forward. Any and all experiences, good or bad, would be a great help.

TIA

Marshall Sexton
Design Solutions

Top Tags