cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Re: Help Needed: Images in Creo keep disappearing

mikehoopes
7-Bedrock

Re: Help Needed: Images in Creo keep disappearing

As per the original post

So, decals/textures are not truly portable in Creo, unlike other MCAD suites? How has the Creo community put up with this for so many years?

In my opinion, a user library does not belong in Program Files. That is not a best practice anywhere in the Windows computing world.

In other words, if I hand a part or assembly off to another party, with the graphic files included, they have to move those files to a common directory on their PC (such as C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 9.0.0.0\Common Files\graphic-library\textures\misc), where they will likely live forever, even if one-time use?

They to have pre-emptively know that there are textures, otherwise they would need to be manually re-attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe you don't have the option 

save_texture_with_model

set to yes?  (it is no by default)

see How to save applied texture or Decal image with model in file in Creo Parametric 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Maybe you don't have the option 

save_texture_with_model

set to yes?  (it is no by default)

see How to save applied texture or Decal image with model in file in Creo Parametric 

Hello - thanks, that worked for me! I thought I had searched thoroughly for that option, but apparently I didn't:

Creo 2.0:

mikehoopes_0-1662042747343.png

Creo 9.0:

mikehoopes_1-1662042811260.png

mikehoopes_2-1662042972239.png

Top Tags