cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Reattaching a GTOL / GTOL lost it's reference arrow..

pshepherdson
9-Granite

Reattaching a GTOL / GTOL lost it's reference arrow..

Hi guys,

Another #$%^& with Creo: GTOL placements.

I have a dwg, and I had a GTOL attached to a surface with an arrow (someone else did this, so I don't know exactly what was done.) I’ve since made a change to the part (Revised a radius), and surprise! Creo has lost its reference to what it was attached to*. So, now I have a GTOL floating around on a dwg, and I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to bring the arrow back / reattach it...

This shouldn’t be a time consuming, convoluted thing to do..  (but, sigh, this is Creo..)

I can get eh GTOL refence dialog up, but it' says everything is complete.  Yet eth GTOL box is just floating around.  No leader / arrow..  and when I try to "reattachment" it comes up with a warning that doing so will break any association with the original placement..

Doubly frustrating is how you can't 'escape' out of a command.  in this case, I've been trying different things to get it to 'reattach', but when I try to 'Select' Entity' it hangs, as I can't seem to pick the entity I want..  (So I have to select another function, to force it to 'cancel & close'..

* I’m constantly amazed at how easily Creo loses references when an apparently unrelated change is made..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, managed to fix it.

I deleted the symbol, and re-inserted it via 'Get model annotation', then had to fix the arrow type.

Another 'thing' that seems broken.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ok, managed to fix it.

I deleted the symbol, and re-inserted it via 'Get model annotation', then had to fix the arrow type.

Another 'thing' that seems broken.

CREO is famous for its user-unfriendly features.

Refer to the below screenshot, just now I tried to make the datum symbol in an assembly view to disappear (delete or erase), but there was no user-friendly approach to do it.

JS_9824412_0-1638199237153.png

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine
(To:JS_9824412)

Eventually, after I had applied some optimization searching methods that I learnt in graduate school, i.e., educated brutal search method, I found a way to delete it. (See below screenshot).

JS_9824412_1-1638199415902.png

In brief, when I clicked the left button in the popup Datum property, the left window popped up, and there was a delete function! Cheer!

Top Tags