cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Redefine detailed view when parent view is on a different sheet?

Airfix
7-Bedrock

Redefine detailed view when parent view is on a different sheet?

Is this possible in Creo 7 without moving the detail view back to the sheet where the parent view is to redefine the spline  or the reference point?

By now you would think that PTC would have figured out that this can all be done on the detail view itself without having move it to a different sheet.  When working on a large drawing like I am now it is very inconvenient.

Does anybody have any work around techniques I may not know about?

Cheers,

Airfix

3 REPLIES 3
JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine
(To:Airfix)

"moving the detail view back" is the only option in my experience. Avoid high expectation on PTC to make changes as you desire, otherwise, the suffering is yours.

JS_9824412
13-Aquamarine
(To:Airfix)

There is a workaround: you can add one more general view to be the base of your detailed view, then only show a "partial view" of the general view to be the detailed view. So you can work on the "detailed view" to redefine the spline or the reference point.

But then you still need to go back to the "parent view" to create "sketch" circle and attached it to the parent view and add the note "See Detail View X".

Hello @Airfix 

We confirm this as a current limitation officially documented in article 13690 for future reference if needed. Information in "Apply to" section of this article is outdated, because stops at Creo 4.0, whereas limitation is still effective in latest Creo Parametric versions (including 8.0). I'm therefore in the process to update the "Apply To" section to provide the up-to-date information on this question.

And for the workarounds, yes, @JS_9824412 is correct. You need either to move the detail view in the sheet where general view lies on, redefine spline, and then move back the detailed view in the other sheet you want it (which is the best way to go as per my views) OR use an "erased" "general view" in the sheet where Detailed View lies on (but here also, you'll need to "Resume the general View" in order to redefine spline of the Detailed View, and then "Erase" it again).

Regards,

Serge

Top Tags