cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Reduced Creo Parametric Loading Times

JB_10304902
2-Guest

Reduced Creo Parametric Loading Times

I am using Creo Parametric - Release 6.0 (connected) Release 6.0 and Datecode6.0.3.0

We have configured Custom Config.pro and custom Config.sup files. One thing that I have noticed is that Creo has taken a direct degredation to how smoothly it ran and how quick it loaded parts and assemblies. Could there be issues with the Config.pro and the Config.sup files have an impact on how long it takes to load data.

As a note, we are integrated with Teamcenter using IPEM. If I run the integration without, the custom "/sup, and /pro" files, I don't face any issue, which leads me to believe the issue lies in the Config.pro, and config.sup files that we updated.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JB_10304902)

Always a possibility that your config files could cause loading issues.

I troubleshoot config files by removing 1/2 of the config file at a time and load with just that 1/2 of the file. If the problem disappears is still there, it is likely that one of the options in that 1/2 of the file is the problem, Depending on how large your config files, you can keep cutting them in 1/2 and testing each 1/2 until you get it narrowed done to just a few. Then test each setting. Once narrowed to a few, it's usually easy to spot the most likely candidates for problems.

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:StephenW)

Dichotomy is the recommended methodology indeed to pin down the option responsible for an issue.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

In Creo, open the config.pro and config.sup files and see if there are any flags indicating an invalid or out-dated option.

Steve's plan is a good one if all options appear to be valid.

@BenLoosli , and @StephenW, I appreciate your help, I was able to go in and take a look at those items, I even went as far as Commenting out all of the configurations that were in those files. Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. But it lets me know that the Config.pro, and the Config.sup are not the culprits. Which leads me to the IPEM Configuration to connect Teamcenter and Proe together. I will need to take a different route, as I thought the issue was on the Proe side of the solution. Turns out its on the Teamcenter side.

Thanks again. 

First time posting in the forums here, and was pleasantly surprised with the response time and speed. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

It's a good way to rule out the obvious potential issues.

If you have and customization on the interface, you may also want to  temporarily rename creo_parametric_customization.ui file . 

Just to rule out that it is trying to load something that may be causing the issue.

In time, I may be asking you questions! Our Engineering technology group has been testing the IPEM  connection to Teamcenter. I don't think they have decided on the implementation or not!

Top Tags