cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Reducing the size of a 3D pdf in CREO Parametric 7.0

Jossie
4-Participant

Reducing the size of a 3D pdf in CREO Parametric 7.0

Hello all, 

My work recently upgraded to CREO Parametric 7.0, and I am also completely new to CREO and the job. I have been trying to create a 3D pdf for an assembly. The created pdf file is massive, close to 23 MB. I open the file with Adobe and my work computer cannot seem to handle it. 

I found an old solution that suggesting decreasing the Shade Quality, which I did, but the file only got reduced to about 21 MB. The pdf is still unusable. 

All I really need is to create a 3D pdf file that shows a 360 view of the assembly. A file that can be viewed without the need of a fancy super-computer. 

Is there any way to fix this issue? To reduce the file?

Am I doing something wrong? I got to SaveAs, and select PDF U3D. I have played with the little amount of export settings that are available, but nothing. 

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Jossie)

I don't see any way to reduce this. From what I can see the 3D PDF is pretty much just an STL file - i.e. it's breaking the geometry of the part(s) it will show into triangular facets. The more complicated the geometry, the more triangles, and the bigger the file will be. And, to add more pain, the PDF file is binary, so compressing it into a ZIP file doesn't reduce the size by very much.

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Those file sizes don't sound that big to me, but I guess everything is relative.

The most straight forward answer is to use simplified reps and eliminate small parts or parts with a lot of complex geometry that you don't actually need to see. For instance if you have populated PCBs then could you live with a representation of just a flat board?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@Jossie 

There are not much options available to reduce the size, however you may try lowering the edge_display_quality or try removing components which are not necessary. 

@Jossie wrote:

Hello all, 

My work recently upgraded to CREO Parametric 7.0, and I am also completely new to CREO and the job. I have been trying to create a 3D pdf for an assembly. The created pdf file is massive, close to 23 MB. I open the file with Adobe and my work computer cannot seem to handle it. 

I found an old solution that suggesting decreasing the Shade Quality, which I did, but the file only got reduced to about 21 MB. The pdf is still unusable. 

All I really need is to create a 3D pdf file that shows a 360 view of the assembly. A file that can be viewed without the need of a fancy super-computer. 

Is there any way to fix this issue? To reduce the file?

Am I doing something wrong? I got to SaveAs, and select PDF U3D. I have played with the little amount of export settings that are available, but nothing. 

Thanks in advance

Hi,

export assembly into .pvz format and use Creo View Express to view it.

Martin Hanák

Hello sir,

Will you pls tell me how to create relive 1 mm arc with 45 degree as shown in attached file?

@ptc-5398568 wrote:

Hello sir,

Will you pls tell me how to create relive 1 mm arc with 45 degree as shown in attached file?

Hi,

I am sorry I can't.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags