cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Reducing tool retract in finishing

dm-3
1-Newbie

Reducing tool retract in finishing

Hi

I have a circular part with a key slot which is obround. I am machining the obround slot profile. I use roughing and finishing operatons.

The tool retraction is more in finishing as it retracts after each step. Is ther any parameter to reduce the tool retraction?

Attaching an image for understanding the profile.

--

Dhinesh

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:dm-3)

Have you tried defining another retract plane than the default one used for the operation ?

You can define a plane at the hight you want and define it as the retract plane for this specific sequence.

dm-3
1-Newbie
(To:RaphMORIN)

Raphael,

I tried applying a trajectory milling and played with parameters, helped me to do with less retratcts.

--

Dhinesh

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:dm-3)

Hi Dhinesh,

can you provide the parameters you used to reduce the retracts?

Thanks,

Gunter

dm-3
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

Koch,

Here are the parameters

Untitled.png

--

Dhinesh

Top Tags