cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Ref BOM balloon symbol

nluyt
1-Newbie

Ref BOM balloon symbol

Hey Gurus,

We have been creating reference bom balloons, with the drawing setup file option "reference_bom_balloon_text" set to a value of "

This resulted in ProE WF5 showing no text underneath the reference balloon, which I might add should be default behaviour, but that's for another forum...

Now with Creo2, I use exactly the same draw.dtl file, and all of a sudden the reference balloons show up with the actual " (double quotes) written out underneath the bom balloon, instead of showing an empty line!

Is this just me?

Does anyone have a workaround?

Note: I know I should just edit the default "smp_ref_bln.sym" in the Creo loadpoint, and delete the text, which works great on new drawings, however Creo copies this symbol from the installation folder into the drawing file upon drawing creation, so this fix does not work for existing drawings...

Please HELP!

Norm

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
nluyt
1-Newbie
(To:nluyt)

Hey, found one

Change the value of"reference_bom_balloon_text" to read

"alt+0160

Thats " and then hold "alt" on keyboard while typing "0160"

This results in an empty value in the drawing setup file editor, and an empty field below the ref balloon.

Cheers

mlocascio
4-Participant

So, that is for a "fake" balloon?

nluyt
1-Newbie

No, I wouldn’t call it a fake balloon,

It is for a reference balloon, which means you have already shown a bom balloon for this item on another view, but you want to show another balloon of the same item on a different view, we use it all the time, and they are linked to the bom table just like the original balloon, they are just called reference balloons.

BTW,

The syntax is (backslash)"+alt+0160

Somehow my backslashes do not apprear on the post

Top Tags