cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Ref Balloon Radius

ngoutis
5-Regular Member

Ref Balloon Radius

Greetings,

Does anyone know how to define the radius of the default reference balloon symbol?

For a standard balloon, it's rather simple; just use the "max_balloon_radius" or "min_balloon_radius" . This works great and allows for a uniform size. I'd like my ref balloons to be the same size, but I just cannot figure out how to do it!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Logically, one would think that the reference ballooons would follow these settings as well.

If not, it may just warrant opeing up a support case!

Looks like qty split balloons have a similar problem. These are both governed by the symbol rather than in internal operation.

I knew there were reasons I didn't like following the regimen of the automated process

The Balloon Note (my go to use-case) does follow the min/max regime. But I do have to manage my external qty references which can now be related to the balloon. I might just have to investigate a better way to use a balloon symbol so I can make it a little easier.

When the "max_balloon_radius" value is set to 0, the Ref balloon are the same size as the regular balloons.

set value to 0 where?

I searched in the configuration editor and it did not pop up.

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:DebraTossey)

this option is under the drawing options.. file>prepare>drawing options.

but.. as stated before.. the reference balloon, and split qty balloon dont follow this setting.  if you use either of those options for your balloons.. they wont change diameter.

Top Tags