cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Regenerate for correct BOM, even after save, close and reopen. Round3

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Regenerate for correct BOM, even after save, close and reopen. Round3

According to ya'll, I am working in "Wild West" mode.

I just opened a model/drawing that I was working on this morning. Saved it when I was done with it with the proper BOM. Now this afternoon, when the boss wants a small change, P/N 7793 is missing from the BOM (when you compare the first picture to the second).

I opened P/N 7793 - its part of a family table. I check to see if all of the instances have been verified, and they have (see the third drawing). (It is instance #2 by the way.)

When I check the parameters on P/N 7793, they are all there. (See the fourth drawing).

Is there anything else that you can see that is going wrong? This is getting frustrating!

Thanks,

YeeHaw

Dale Rosema

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

While talking with a rep, after getting some new licenses installed, I was showing him this problem.

I noticed that the UM (unit of measure) had propagated, but not the description nor the PN (part number) parameters. (See WW_BOM_7)

I also noticed that UM was the only parameter filed in on the generic part even though the parameters had been filled in on the instances needed.

I quickly tested that discovery by adding values for the parameters of the generic. (See WW_BOM_8)

I saved the generic, the instance and regenerated the assembly and save it and then even closed out of Pro-E.

When I open the assembly, the values for the BOM table were in place and intact. (See WW_BOM_9).

The explanation that I received is that the null values in the generic are triggering the part to not regenerate the parameters of the instance into the BOM table. Once these values were no longer a null value, they will automatically propagate the table.

I forgot to add:

WOOOOO HOOOO!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Here’s another tidbit. After saving it all again, closing and reopening, the info was missing from the BOM again. I opened the instance directly from the drawing – the parameters are missing (see the drawing below).

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I hit Ctrl-G to regen, the parameters appear when I edit paramters, but the dialogue line says - part 1010_9002 has not changed since last regen. I save the instance, close every thing and re-open and the parameters have disappeared again.

I unsupressed a feature. Re-suppressed a feature. The parameters showed up in the instance and in the BOM of the assemlby. Save everything. Closed and reopened. It's gone again!!

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I opened the generic from the file open menu and not from the assembly - the instances in the family table are not verified? (See picture)

I save the generic. Close everything. Cross my fingers. And when I open the assemlby, the BOM is still missing the part.

Arrrgggghhhhh!!! Time to go home for the night and give this a break.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

While talking with a rep, after getting some new licenses installed, I was showing him this problem.

I noticed that the UM (unit of measure) had propagated, but not the description nor the PN (part number) parameters. (See WW_BOM_7)

I also noticed that UM was the only parameter filed in on the generic part even though the parameters had been filled in on the instances needed.

I quickly tested that discovery by adding values for the parameters of the generic. (See WW_BOM_8)

I saved the generic, the instance and regenerated the assembly and save it and then even closed out of Pro-E.

When I open the assembly, the values for the BOM table were in place and intact. (See WW_BOM_9).

The explanation that I received is that the null values in the generic are triggering the part to not regenerate the parameters of the instance into the BOM table. Once these values were no longer a null value, they will automatically propagate the table.

I forgot to add:

WOOOOO HOOOO!

Top Tags