cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Regeneration takes long - computer is not at its perfomance limits

HR_10162165
2-Guest

Regeneration takes long - computer is not at its perfomance limits

Dear PTC Community,
i am designing a radiator, and therefore i would like to makes a pattern of the fins.
i understand that a pattern with over 500 members takes some computing time and peromance.
However, the pattern takes an eternity (5mins) to regenerate but my computer is not at all at its limits (see picture).

i am working on a windows 11 pro and creo 9.0.9.0

(Arbeitsspeicher means RAM)

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@HR_10162165 wrote:

Dear PTC Community,
i am designing a radiator, and therefore i would like to makes a pattern of the fins.
i understand that a pattern with over 500 members takes some computing time and peromance.
However, the pattern takes an eternity (5mins) to regenerate but my computer is not at all at its limits (see picture).

Hi,

during regeneration Creo uses single processor coreCreo cannot "employ" all processor cores during regeneration.

Note: If you have 8 cores and Task manager tells you that processor load is 12% then you have to multiply 12% by 8 to get 96%. This 96% tells you how much of processor power is Creo using.

To speed up regeneration you can probably set different pattern type.

General ... longest regeneration

Varying ... middle

Identical ... shortest regeneration

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@HR_10162165 wrote:

Dear PTC Community,

Hi,

during regeneration Creo uses single processor coreCreo cannot "employ" all processor cores during regeneration.

Note: If you have 8 cores and Task manager tells you that processor load is 12% then you have to multiply 12% by 8 to get 96%. This 96% tells you how much of processor power is Creo using.

To speed up regeneration you can probably set different pattern type.

General ... longest regeneration

Varying ... middle

Identical ... shortest regeneration

Martin Hanák

To add onto what Martin said, you can put features into read only mode so if you don't need that complicated geometry regenerated after you make it, look into operations -> Read only

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags