cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relating drawing parameters... Is it possible?

pacesetter1
1-Newbie

Relating drawing parameters... Is it possible?

Hello,

My Assemblies and parts have a parameter called "description" which is designated for PDM. I would like my drawing files to have the same parameter so it can be searchable in Intralink.

Is there a way to relate the parameter "description" in the drawing, to be equal to the parameter "description" in the model of the drawing?

Thank you,

Jeff

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

If you are creating from part and drawing from scratch.

Rename - Rename in Session- Common Name (if you fill the common name as description, it can be searchable in Intralink).

Also, in config.

LET_PROE_RENAME_ILINK_OBJECTS (hidden) - yes

LET_PROE_RENAME_PDM_OBJECTS  - yes

If already uploaded drawing and parts to Intralink and need to rename. You may need to check the Rights to rename.

I'm not using Intralink so I don't know if it will help.

In the drawing you can create a drawing program with the following line:

DESCRIPTION:D=DESCRIPTION:0

This will set the drawing parameter DESCRIPTION equal to the model parameter DESCRIPTION if that is what you are trying to do.

mender
6-Contributor
(To:WayneN)

A side note to the drawing program method:  ':0' will work only if the drawing is of a part and it is the first part in session.  Because there are useful use cases this doesn't cover well, we recently introduced a :MDL syntax, which means 'the current drawing model at the time this was entered', and is translated to :# in the database (so it does not change when/if you change the current drawing model afterwards).  As of Creo 2 M160 and Creo 3 M040, you can put a drawing program "DESCRIPTION:D=DESCRIPTION:MDL" in your drawing template, and it'll have the desired result.

Announcements