cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Relations in Drawing Program

AndreyKhodorovs
1-Newbie

Relations in Drawing Program

I want to relate the drawing parameter with the model parameter.
I write the equation of the Drawing Program:

NUMBER:D = NUMBER

Creo is automatically appended to the
session ID of the active model. It turns this:

NUMBER:D = NUMBER:0

In another case, a is:

NUMBER:D = NUMBER😄

Is it possible to specify not a particular ID, ​​but refer to the model of the drawing? Maybe you should use some secret letter instead of number?
Or some way to learn how to determine the ID is the model that is used in the drawing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

YESSSSS!

I found a way to get rid of the automatic addition of ID to the end of the equation. I was prompted to think information from TPI 114055. But there, as usual, not everything is written. And it is not written in the most interesting.

So, first the facts:
1. Automatically added to the name of the parameter 0 if this parameter is in the model.
2. Automatically added to the name of the parameter D if this parameter is in the drawing.

Conclusion:
not added to neither 0 nor D, it is necessary that the parameter of that name was not in the model, either in the drawing.

Actions:
1. Create a new model without a template so that it did not exist any parameters. This is important.
2. Create a new drawing (next pattern), using this model.
3. Write equation in Drawing Program of the form
NOMER: D = NOMER
At the same time nothing at the end of the equation is not automatically added in the message line error message in the alignment. It is (an error in the equation) is required.
It is important to note that originally in the drawing there was no parameter by that name.
4. Remove model from the drawing. Again, an error message appears in the program, which is good.
5. Save the drawing.

Now You can use this drawing as a template. The parameter values ​​of model parameters are assigned to the drawing parameters.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If you have parameters defined in the model, it is very easy to call them in the drawing. Just input the parameter as a note preceeded by "&".

Example:

say drawing_no is a parameter for Drawing number, defined in the model.

Input the parameter as a note as "&drawing_no". The drawing would take the parameter from the model.

I hope I understood your requirement correctly.

Do you try it?

It is correct for any TEXT or NOTE in drawing. But it is NOT correct for RELATION Pro/PROGRAM.

Oh. If it relates to Pro/Program, I may not be right. Never tried my hand at Pro/Program.

Unfortunately the equation in the drawing can ONLY be in the Pro/PROGRAM. It's bad.

YESSSSS!

I found a way to get rid of the automatic addition of ID to the end of the equation. I was prompted to think information from TPI 114055. But there, as usual, not everything is written. And it is not written in the most interesting.

So, first the facts:
1. Automatically added to the name of the parameter 0 if this parameter is in the model.
2. Automatically added to the name of the parameter D if this parameter is in the drawing.

Conclusion:
not added to neither 0 nor D, it is necessary that the parameter of that name was not in the model, either in the drawing.

Actions:
1. Create a new model without a template so that it did not exist any parameters. This is important.
2. Create a new drawing (next pattern), using this model.
3. Write equation in Drawing Program of the form
NOMER: D = NOMER
At the same time nothing at the end of the equation is not automatically added in the message line error message in the alignment. It is (an error in the equation) is required.
It is important to note that originally in the drawing there was no parameter by that name.
4. Remove model from the drawing. Again, an error message appears in the program, which is good.
5. Save the drawing.

Now You can use this drawing as a template. The parameter values ​​of model parameters are assigned to the drawing parameters.

Thanks to you ! That's very usefull !

Top Tags