cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Remove datum reference from dimension

SamWorthington
11-Garnet

Remove datum reference from dimension

I want to remove datum B from the 13mm dimension shown in the image below. It seems to be attached to the feature somehow so the only way I can find to get rid of it is to delatet the feature.

160818104732_1.jpg

The implementation of geometric tolerancing in Creo is pathetic and just what I've come to expect after 16 years using Pro/Engineer.

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

try to remove the datum from the model properties:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can disconnect the datum and the dimension by changing the properties of the Datum B to unset as a Datum.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I know how to get to that option for an axis, but the datum B is attached to the feature and more specifically the dimension, and there is no mention of the datum tag when I go to the dimension or feature properties. It also doesn't seem to be listed in the annotations in the model tree. (I'm using Creo 2)

Sam

try to remove the datum from the model properties:

I'm using Creo 2, and if I want to remove a datum from a dimension, I do the following:

(1) Click on the "Annotate" tab. This will "turn on" the annotation features in the Drawing Tree.

(2) Determine which of the views listed is the one with your dimension in it.

(3) Expand the "Datums" item for that view, it should list "Model: C"

(4) Select "Model: C" in the Drawing Tree, then right mouse button to bring up and select "Properties".

(5) Now you can switch the datum from "In Dim" to some other option, etc.

Thanks to you both.

I managed to remove it from the drawing properties.

Unfortunately, the Drawing Tree method didn't seem to work as datum B isn't shown.

160818121250_3.jpg

Is it me, or is this simply terrible user interface design? It's like its designed to be intuitive.

Thank you again,

Sam

great that it worked

Top Tags