cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Rendering Clear

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Rendering Clear

I have a clear dome on an assembly. It does not show in my renders. Is there a setting? I am using a ptc clear type color for the dome.

Creo 3.0 m080

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:wfalco)

Transparent items typically show either by refracting light that passes through them, by the highlights of reflections from their surfaces, or by any tint they have which needs the viewer to have a sense of the color of the item being covered so they know there is a difference. If the transparent items are water clear, then only the first two are available.

I haven't worked with the renderer for a while, but I would be surprised if it did refraction, so the best is to add light sources to produce highlights.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:wfalco)

Transparent items typically show either by refracting light that passes through them, by the highlights of reflections from their surfaces, or by any tint they have which needs the viewer to have a sense of the color of the item being covered so they know there is a difference. If the transparent items are water clear, then only the first two are available.

I haven't worked with the renderer for a while, but I would be surprised if it did refraction, so the best is to add light sources to produce highlights.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:dschenken)

Thanks. I looked at a youtube video and messed with the color settings. It is visible now. I am also messing with lights, etc. It's a time consuming undertaking. But I'm learning.

Top Tags