cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Replace Family Table component in assembly with non-family table member

al3
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Replace Family Table component in assembly with non-family table member

Have a piece of hardware that is used dozens of times in an assembly and will only allow me to replace it with a family table member, is there a way to be able to replace it with a "Non-Related" component?

4 REPLIES 4
Tdaugherty
16-Pearl
(To:al3)

Hi, 

Try using the replace by unrelated command. Here's a link to some documentation. It's the same command you would use to replace by family table but you select the unrelated option instead. 

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/assembly/asm/asm_six_sub/To_Replace_Component_with_Unrelat_Component.html 

al3
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:Tdaugherty)

Right, that option is grayed out, trying to figure out how to bring in the part as just an instance instead of being a part of the family table, not sure the best way to go about it

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:al3)

An instance is always a member of a family table.

Is the new part a member of a family table already or should be a member of an existing family table?

Replacing a component with a family table member is always cleaner and easier.

What kind of component are you replacing?

al3
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Think I found the issue, there is some sort of flexibility or varied item within the part, I need to remove that before I can replace it with a "Non-related" component I believe.

Top Tags