cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Replacing Drawing Models in a Drawing

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Replacing Drawing Models in a Drawing

Hey Everybody,

I currently have a very well developed drawing package for a client.  I have several instances of a family table of an assembly in the drawing with the assembly shown in various states (e.g. opened, closed, etc.).  Each different state of the assembly is shown on a different sheet of the drawing.

I was asked to replace one of the existing views on one of the sheets with a view of the assembly in an "in-between" state.

So I went back to parent assembly and created a new instance of the assembly in the "in-between" state.

I then opened the drawing, added the model with the new instance to the drawing, selected the view, drawing models, replace, and then selected the new instance front the dialog box.  The view that I am replacing is on several different sheets and the REPLACEMENT replaced the model on every sheet.  I just wanted to replace the model on one of the sheets.

If I have to go back and re-create the views on the other sheets, it will take many hours of work to complete this.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

--Neal

2 REPLIES 2

Hey Everybody,

I found the solution in Matthew Ender's post Replace Model In Only One View

Once I read his post, I was having trouble finding the INSERT command in Pro|E Wildfire 5.0, but I finally found it.  It took me a couple of tries to get this to work properly and IT WORKED!!!. Thank you Matthew.

--Neal

mender
6-Contributor
(To:NEALROSENBLUM)

Welcome!  For a considerably less cumbersome approach, look to Creo 4, where I believe this (replace model in a specified view by family table) is now implemented.

Top Tags