cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Reset position of Browser

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Reset position of Browser

I know that if I have "undocked" the Browser bar from the Creo Elements/Direct Modeling UI, I can drag it back and even snap it to a pre-defined dock location. I also know that I can turn the Browser on or off using the F12 key. What I'd like to know is if there is a way to have a command or shortcut to bring the Browser bar back to its default docked location (on the left side of the UI). The reason for wanting a command or shortcut is if I have moved the Browser bar to a second display and then undock my laptop so I no longer have that second display; in that case I have no way of dragging it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hello Peter,

try it with the commands:

(sd-undock-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser") 

(sd-dock-graphical-browser "parcel-gbrowser")

Although that does not bring the "Browser bar" at the docked position but at least the "Structure browser" back to the window.

Set it with 2 screens so modeling can remember the position of the undocked "Structure browser" in the first window.                      

Tested in v19 m20

In Express 6, it does not work ?!.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags