cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

'Restoring Instance dimensions.' Prompt

ggonzalez-2
1-Newbie

'Restoring Instance dimensions.' Prompt

Whilte trying to delete, suspend, or change order of parts/assemblies in the model tree there is a 'Restoring Instance dimensions' prompt asking whether or not to reset family table values for a given instance to their previous values. Choices are yes or no. Regardless of what I pick I cannot edit the master assembly. I tracked it down to the assembly that is giving me the problem but I cannot edit that assembly because I get the prompt again, but with no direction as to how to fix the problem. Any suggestions? Need further details?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I'd look to see if there are assembly, part, or feature relations that are trying to override the values in the family table.

Check the message log to see what was being processed just before the prompt; that might have a clue about what is being changed.

Also, make sure the family table is Verified. There are a number of problems that crop up if it isn't verified. I'd like to say your problem is one of them, but I'm fastidious about Verifying and haven't had mystery problems with Family Tables for 10 years, just the regular - works the way it should, not the way I wished it did sort.

Yes, the message is refering to a design problem after a change.

With regular mode, you could return to the previous design in the fix mode, but for family instances there is no previous value stored (since we cannot guarantee anyway, if it ever has been verified before).

You may try verifying all instances first before making changes (if you have not yet done so).

Top Tags