cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Result of surface intersection and sketch intersection are different?

pzala
6-Contributor

Result of surface intersection and sketch intersection are different?

I was trying to get intersection curve of two sketches. Intersection defers according to selection sequence. 

Now if I extrude both sketch as surfaces long enough that they intersect each other and I create intersection curve using this surface result would be different.  I thing both should same. How to troubleshoot this?

6 REPLIES 6
BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:pzala)

Both should result in the same intersection curve. I just confirmed it using Creo2.

Capture.PNG

pzala
6-Contributor
(To:BHOoi)

see attached file. Both are different. I am also wondering why so. I am using creo 2.0 

VitomirDjoric
6-Contributor

In your case there's multiple solutions and that is why exist difference.

pzala
6-Contributor
(To:VitomirDjoric)

Yes, but surfaces perfect intersectin. Shouldn't both be same? 

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Actually it gets worse when you have multiple solutions.

I do this a lot for doing tricky fiber optic cable management.

When I get a stable solution, I find the the ends swap* when I edit and regenerate the part.

Best thing to do is to make sure there is only one solution.

* swapping ends... whatever use to be attached to one end of the interested curve moved to the opposite end of the same curve after an unassociated feature was edited and the part gets regenerated.  I reported it as a support case.  I don't think it ever got solved.  This is Creo 2.0 early release.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

I guess the intersections for 2 overlapping flat surfaces would be  ambiguous since there are unlimited possibilities for the curves.

I tried with smaller accuracy (I used abs 0.0001) but found no difference from yours.

Top Tags