cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Ribbon Cables?

ptc-4024124
1-Newbie

Ribbon Cables?

Does anyone have a lot of experience routing ribbon cables? I am having problems with what seems like should be an easy task.

I have an illustration of what is going on. I'm routing a 40 cond ribbon cable with a simple route. The cable is routed too high and outside the enclosure, so I'm adding a location and placing it on the shelf below the cable. Everytime I try this, it flips the cable twice and looks like the following pic.

I have no idea why it's doing this or how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

As y'all can tell, I'm somewhat of a beginner. I used Wildfire 5.0 for a few months, learning it on my own. Now I've switched to Creo 2 without any training.

Thanks,

August

ribbon.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4024124)

There are many posts about ribbon cables. Have you typed that into the search box and read through some of thsoe posts? You can sort by relevence, date and other ways. I sorted by date and there were several posts in the last 12+ months, but I didn't have time to go through them all.

Not sure how to tag someone, but maybe Brian can take a moment out of his busy-ness to help.

I haven't done that. I will try. Thanks for the advice.

It would really help to have a cabling expert come sit with me for a few days, but I know that's not going to happen. The tutorials only take you so far.

Top Tags