cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Right side of drawing border shifting

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Right side of drawing border shifting

I have one drawing where the PDF does not represent what is in Creo.  For some reason it is shifting only the right side of the border format to the left.  None of our other drawings do this or if I create a new drawing with the same assembly does it do this.  If I copy the drawing to a new one, it carries over.  Here are a couple of screenshots, one of the PDF and one of the Creo drawing.  Anyone know how to fix this?

PDFPDFCreoCreo

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianToussaint)

Might just be a corrupted drawing.  Did you try other builds of Creo?  Is the behavior consistent on other people's computers?  If it's reproducible I'd probably send it to PTC and see what they have to say about it.

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite
(To:TomU)

It is reproducible on at least 2 computers.  That was what I was guessing but just wanted to see if there was something I was missing.  Or someone else had a fix.  I plan on opening a call but was hoping for a quick fix.

Try adding the dtl option below in the drawing session that has the issue:

user_command clean_background_views

Note that this is a one time command that gets run on drawings. It is not a setting you can put into your dtl file.

Thank you I tried that and it didn't work.  PTC is saying it is probably corrupt and I would have to send the files in to get them fixed.  I'll have to keep this in my back pocket for future reference.

We had similar issues with our drawing template and PTC could not help.  In fact, only sketch objects from the template were shifting.  We fixed this by merging all sketch objects (lines) into a big symbol.  Everything works fine now.

Top Tags