cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Rotating Auxillary views - WF 5

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Rotating Auxillary views - WF 5

I have a need to have an auxillary view that is rotated from it's original orientation.

It should be on the VIew Properties menu, but rotating projected and auxillary views never has been. I guess that I will do what I always have to do and create a general view with fake projection arrows and a fake view name to fake in what is a Drafting 101 sort of solution that PTC never seems to deal with.

I wonder if the PTC drafting developers ever picked up any technical drawing book and leafed through it to see all the drawing aids they could, but don't, provide. You can find them on line and at used book stores. Books that is, not drafting developers.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

We're a dying bread, David. "Drafters" are starting to think that if the software doesn't support it, there must be an "unwritten rule". PTC won!

I ended up keeping the original view and shrinking the view label text to .001 high and setting it to a partial view with about .01 inch of an edge showing, then created a second general section view with a manually entered angle of rotation. It doesn't bother Pro/E to have two views with the same labels. Of course not.

Top Tags