cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Routing issues with cable shield

glászló
4-Participant

Routing issues with cable shield

Hi!

We are experiencing a weird issue with routing a cable, which has the internal shielding conductor connected only on one side. The problem is that creo doesn't use the first location point of the network for routing, it want's to start at the second location point, and the orientation of the routing is backwards.

Now as far as I know we could simply reroute this, and add the start and end locations to the cable manually, but that option is not available. We can select the segment we want to reroute, but after that we are unable to pick the start and end locations for the cable.

We tried the whole thing in another design, just routing the network on a flat sketch, that way is was fine. As soon as we add more complex "geometry" to the network the whole thing start to act up. See the attached video for better understanding.

If anybody has some ideas about this, please share your thoughts.

1 REPLY 1
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:glászló)

Hello,

We once had a similar issue... Unfortunately I was not able to replicate the issue. The quick solution for us at that specific moment with the one sided shield termination was to switch the from-to direction. We also added a small arrow to our symbols so that we see the from-to direction that is to be generated into the logical file. In our case the shield must be connected on the From side, or both sides, or neither side...

trainee_0-1658810846513.png

We don't use the creo schematic so I cant help as how to change the routing direction... but when you route the cable in creo the arrow should point to opposite direction...

trainee_1-1658811260852.png

In case of Creo Schematic this fix may not work... I believe shield connection nodes are POINT nodes on the xml-file (<NODE name="J3_5_CBL1_3_SH" type="POINT" >)...

Br, 

Lars

Top Tags