cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Run ModelCheck on Check-in, but not Upload

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite

Run ModelCheck on Check-in, but not Upload

I'm delving in to implementing some changes to our ModelCheck scripts, which we used with WF3 & Intralink 3.4. Now we're on WF5 and have migrated to Intralink 9.1.

Have you had experience setting different conditions when running ModelCheck on Check-in and Upload?

Thanks for your help.

-Domingo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:dhermosillo)

We have a gatekeeper which will not allow checkin if MC_ERROR > 1, but modelcheck runs on every upload. I do not know if you can make it run only at checkin, I am sure you can costomize it or run it in a batch mode.

llie
16-Pearl
(To:Dmi3U)

Actually, I would like to clarify what Dmitry said.

"We have a gatekeeper which will not allow checkin if MC_ERROR > 1, but modelcheck runs on every upload. I do not know if you can make it run only at checkin, I am sure you can costomize it or run it in a batch mode."

Gatekeeper is actually run on checkin and not upload. When a file does not pass ModelCheck, the follow happens:

• File does not get checked-in
  • File does get uploaded

There are three checks for a file that gets run through the Gatekeeper process:

• Number of Errors
  • Configuration files that are run
  • Number of Hours

Look on PTC for the following document "Pro/ENGINEER ModelCHECK Gatekeeper"

re:

Have you had experience setting different conditions when running ModelCheck on Check-in and Upload?

Yes, what are your specific questions?

-

I'd like to have ModelCHECK keep objects from being checked in that have feature or assembly failures, but not keep them from being uploaded. Many times people are in the middle of working on projects at the end of the day, and want to resume at home, but the design may be unfinished. If they could upload with no restrictions, but I could still use MC to keep failures from getting through, that would be great.

Hello,

ModelCHECK Gatekeeper functionality only checks the number of errors upon Check-In, not upon Upload. Uploading is rather saving the objects to the server-side workspace rather than only to the workspace cache, which happens with a "Save". So, users will always be able to Upload objects with errors, but this is not an issue, since the Commonspace does not get "contaminated" with these objects if Gatekeeper prevents them from being checked in.

Savvy ?

Top Tags