cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Running parametric from a script

DC_9962934
3-Visitor

Running parametric from a script

I am using Creo Parametric 3.0 M190

In trying to run parametric in a script, it fails to start. Also, the CS116805 support doc seems not to be available:

Note: This article 116805 is not customer visible.

Here are the errors that I faced
application error: exception : ProEngineerStart returned ProError: PRO_TK_GENERAL_ERROR(-1), proe_path: "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M190\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe" -g:no_graphics -i:rpc_input "C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 3.0\M190\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf" %*, prodev_text_path: . Creo may fail to start if the Welcome screen has not been disabled.
Start Creo manualy and check "Do not show again" in the "Resource Center" window. See also https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS116805

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DC_9962934)

The Local Service account does not take into account some of the environment variables that a local user account has. It is documented this way by Microsoft.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

please provide more details about the script and the way how you start Creo.

Martin Hanák

In attempting to paste everything in (and re-running to make sure I captured the correct items), I've solved the problem.

The OpenMETA system (which called CREO)  is launched by a Jenkins agent.   I was starting the agent as a windows service.   I used the Local Service account to do so.   Apparently something deep inside CREO didn't like that (maybe there's an environment variable missing, or some such).   Anyway, I made the service run as an actual user, and that cleared everything up.   In case anyone else ever runs into this, the fix is no Local System users for the Jenkins Agent service if using CREO.

Thank you for your time!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:DC_9962934)

The Local Service account does not take into account some of the environment variables that a local user account has. It is documented this way by Microsoft.

Top Tags