cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

[SKETCH] Arc length

lsicsic
1-Newbie

[SKETCH] Arc length

Hi !

I would like to change the dimension of a conic arc ? I only obtain the angle and diameter ... I would like to get the length.

Thank you

work with PTC Creo 3.0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can dimension a perimeter of a circular arc in such fashion.  But for the conic one, you need to use the perimeter dimension that others mentioned:

conic_arc.png

Two points I'd like to mention:

1) only one perimeter dimension per sketch is allowed (hence the grayed out icon)

2) I had to make all sketch dimensions strong (green color) prior to selecting the conic arc, clicking on the "perimeter dimension" icon and then selecting the conic factor dimension.  This dimension then has var appended to it (for "variable").  Initially it was 0.5, then it changed to 0.517 when I specified the perimeter to be 220.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tgriffin
4-Participant
(To:lsicsic)

Create a perimeter dimension and choose what dimension you want to make variable (driven) based off of what you set the perimeter dimension to be.

Can you explain me how to use the perimeter dimension tool please ?

thank you

tgriffin
4-Participant
(To:lsicsic)

Click on the perimeter dimension tool.  Select the entities (or entity in this case) whose total will be governed by the perimeter dimensions.  Click ok.  Then select the dimension you want to be variable (driven).  Then set the value for the perimeter dimension.

Hi Leo,

You can get steps for creating a Perimeter Dimension via the following article:

CS44307 - How to create a perimeter dimension in "Sketch" in Pro/ENGINEER, Creo Elements/Pro, Creo Parametric

If you can't access the article, please create an account here, first.

Thanks,

Amit

Amit Deshpande‌ eu não tenho acesso a este tópico mesmo após ter criado uma conta 😕

When dimensioning, if you pick both ends of the arc, followed by a pick of the arc itself, you will get a dimension as shown:

2-20-2017.jpg

You can dimension a perimeter of a circular arc in such fashion.  But for the conic one, you need to use the perimeter dimension that others mentioned:

conic_arc.png

Two points I'd like to mention:

1) only one perimeter dimension per sketch is allowed (hence the grayed out icon)

2) I had to make all sketch dimensions strong (green color) prior to selecting the conic arc, clicking on the "perimeter dimension" icon and then selecting the conic factor dimension.  This dimension then has var appended to it (for "variable").  Initially it was 0.5, then it changed to 0.517 when I specified the perimeter to be 220.

Thank you all for the help. It is a success 😃

I let here this link which help me also : Perimeter Dimension - YouTube

Léo

Top Tags