cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

STEP AP242

ptc-20197
1-Newbie

STEP AP242

Does anyone know if Creo 2.0 supports import/export of STEP AP242 format?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since AP 242 is not yet an ISO standard (it is due to be in July 2013) it is not yet supported in Creo 2.0. It is on our roadmap to support 242 in the near future.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

These are the step options of Creo 2.0 M040

step_option.JPG

Thanks. I did check the config.pro options and did not see AP242 as a value for the "step_export_format"

5-13-2013+3-40-26+PM.jpg

Other major CAD systems, such as Catia V5 R6 seem to support AP242.

Does anyone know what PTC's plans are for this? Creo 3.0? Creo 4.0?

At the rate PTC upgrades they will probably support this format the day after it's deemed obsolete.

ahamblett
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-893484)

This comments seems quite appropriate.  Considering 3yrs later and PTC still hasn't provided a coherent response re: AP242 and Creo 4.0.  At least none that I've been able to find, yet.

Since AP 242 is not yet an ISO standard (it is due to be in July 2013) it is not yet supported in Creo 2.0. It is on our roadmap to support 242 in the near future.

Rosemary,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

Any hints as to in which release the AP 242 support will be included?

I knew that AP242 is due to become as standard in June 2013 and hence was somewhat surprised that DS decided to support and standard that is not yet "set in stone" in Catia V5 R6...

I'm trying my best to get it into Creo 3.0 but I still can't make any promises.

Hi Rosemary,

I'm a memeber of a Global team for data conversions here at Volvo. It's funny for me to find this post because I'm the one who requested this info from Jorgen originally.

I've requested feedback from PTC support on there time plan for the implimentation of AP242 and haven't received any clear information. We are very interested in any and all information that you can supply us with.

Thank you

I believe that Rosemary is no longer at PTC and that Marc Schuetz is now the contact that is in charge of this info.

Top Tags