cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

STEP file does not contain annotations that exist in Creo Parametric model

GaryLevesque
5-Regular Member

STEP file does not contain annotations that exist in Creo Parametric model

I am using Creo Parametric Release 5.0 and Datecode5.0.3.0

Attempting to save as a Creo model with a couple annotations as a step file using AP242. When I do this and bring the step file back into Creo, I am not getting the annotations included in the step file. Not sure what I need to do to create and then import a step file that maintains annotations.

Here are the errors that I faced
n/a

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @GaryLevesque 

Maybe did you miss the checkbox Annotations and Rich Content upon Step export process in AP242 format?

I did this test with a Creo Parametric 5.0.5.0 version (no quick and easy access to a 5.0.3.0 for this test), and I'm able to produce the expected outcome if STep file is export, and then reimported as a new model with this version, as shown in little movie attached to this post.

Regards,

Serge

TF_9684995
6-Contributor
(To:sacquarone)

I'm able to see the dimensions but not note annotations.  Have other seen this too?

Hi,

are theses notes, standard hole notes? because if so, you need to make them as annotations notes, MBD process, with annotation feature.

Regards, 

Mariana

Thank you in advance
Mariana Sousa
Top Tags