cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

STICKY sketcher dims???

KrisR
1-Newbie

STICKY sketcher dims???

Why oh why......do my sketcher dims end up different places than where I left them when I re-enter a sketch?

Have they gone out partying the night before and forgotten where they live?

Or is this a friendly Pro E "feature"?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

7 REPLIES 7

My favorite is when an angular dimension goes haywire and you have to zoom out to 100,000 ft to see it. Those angular ones are always the troublemakers.

You bring up a good point, though... a nice enhancement request would be to have those dimensions behave. If you place them carefully enough, this would really help when it came down to detailing. Imagine shwoing dimensions and having them already close to being correct. Right now, you get a mess!

It would be nice if you could add snap lines to a sketch to control the offsets and locations of dimensions. But of course, I haven't thought through the ramifications of such a request so maybe it would hurt more than it helped? Hmm...

Consider it a friendly feature for now.

I shall write up an "idea" for sticky sketcher dims!

Hi Kris...

I'm clicking on the link but I keep seeing "Unexpected Error Has Occurred". I'm not sure if the link is bad or there's a problem with the Ideas system. Maybe Dan (ADmin) can take a look if we're still having problems with this.

Thanks!

-Brian

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo?view=idea#/?tagSet=undefined

Ok - try that one. That will show you all the ideas.

Thanks! That worked.

Thanks for the vote!

Top Tags