cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Save as PDF - specify location

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Save as PDF - specify location

Typically I plot to postscript and use a script in the plotting to convert it to a PDF using ghostscript.

The problem is I have that configured to do black and white only.

I have a case where we have some draft features on a drawing that have a hatch fill with various colors.

I can use save as pdf to generate a color pdf. No problems there, but the file ends up in the working directory not the plot files directory.

Anyone know how to specify the directory the file is placed in when it makes it?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried to set working directory to the plot directory?

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:davehaigh)

On 12/15/11 18:54, Haigh, David A. wrote:
>
> Typically I plot to postscript and use a script in the plotting to convert it to a PDF using ghostscript.
>
> The problem is I have that configured to do black and white only.
>

You could  create another .pcf and specify the plotter = colorpostsc.

> I have a case where we have some draft features on a drawing that have a hatch fill with various colors.
>
> I can use save as pdf to generate a color pdf. No problems there, but the file ends up in the working directory not the plot files directory.
>
> Anyone know how to specify the directory the file is placed in when it makes it?
>
> David Haigh
> Phone: 925-424-3931
> Fax: 925-423-7496
> Lawrence Livermore National Lab
> 7000 East Ave, L-362
> Livermore, CA 94550
>
>
> ----------

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------