cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Saving Drawing as DWG (units issue)

lfuller
1-Newbie

Saving Drawing as DWG (units issue)

Hi all,

I am currently making some parts and drawings in Creo 3.0 but I need to make some changes to the drawings in AutoCAD so I'm saving my drawings as DWG files. Almost everything works fine except I'm having some issues with the units. The parts that I am creating are dimensioned in millimeters and I'm having no issues showing this in the Creo drawing. The dimensions also display correctly when I initially open the DWG file in AutoCAD. However, if I move a dimension in AutoCAD the dimension converts to the equivalent value in inches.

Has anyone had this issue or know what settings to change to fix it?

Thanks,

Lane

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Lane,

can you create simple test model and drawing in Creo, export DWG and DXF and upload all 4 files for testing purposes ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:lfuller)

Lane,

Try setting config options before exporting drawings as DXF or DWG

"dxf_out_drawing_scale" and "dxf_out_scale_views" as Yes

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:lfuller)

Lane,

Does the information in last reply help you?

Top Tags