cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Schematic to Parametric Terminator

TP_9938294
4-Participant

Schematic to Parametric Terminator

I’m hoping someone on here can give me a very descriptive setup/workflow from Schematic to Parametric on how to get the terminators to show up on a Creo Parametric drawing BOM and Pinout table. We are using an .xml to get our cable, spool, and connector information from Schematic into Parametric but are struggling to get the terminators to show up and the basic info on PTC support ( https://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_schem/usascii/index.html#page/Schematics_hc/About_Terminators_and_Terminator_Tables.html ) wasn’t able to get us very far. We don’t know if our Schematic setup is wrong or if it’s something on the Parametric side. We are looking for an automated solution not a manual placement one. If you do have this working, please share as much of your setup and workflow as possible this would be very very appreciated as I’m struggling to find anything about this online.  (parametric 5.0.3.0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:TP_9938294)

You need to set up a terminator table with the details for the terminals including the wire and connector data that selects them.  

In our case all connectors are assigned to a family such as MP280F and that is a requirement for all terminals that are appropriate.

Running the Data -> Terminator table runs through all the ports and looks for ones that have a terminal found.  It places the terminals in the database for use in To-From tables and the XML to Parametric Routed Systems.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:TP_9938294)

You need to set up a terminator table with the details for the terminals including the wire and connector data that selects them.  

In our case all connectors are assigned to a family such as MP280F and that is a requirement for all terminals that are appropriate.

Running the Data -> Terminator table runs through all the ports and looks for ones that have a terminal found.  It places the terminals in the database for use in To-From tables and the XML to Parametric Routed Systems.  

Top Tags