cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Screenshots inside Creo

Clipper_captain
6-Contributor

Screenshots inside Creo

Greetings all.

Does anybody know if there is a way to take a screenshot inside of Creo within a window? I currently use the printscreen button and paste it into Paint. I then select the area I want and put that in an email. I am looking for a way to select a window in Creo and paste that into an email without having to use Paint.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:StephenW)

I use snipping tool. In fact, I keep on the taskbar cause I use it multiple times daily.

The downfall of it is the quality drops a little.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I use Snag-it here at work. It allows you to window select and area.

I think with windows 7 and up, Snipping tool is an option. Go to the start menu and then in the search box start typing snip and it show up. It will allow you to window select a specific area to copy

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I use snipping tool. In fact, I keep on the taskbar cause I use it multiple times daily.

The downfall of it is the quality drops a little.

I was unaware that a snipping tool existed in Windows 7 until you and another member suggested it. I did look into it and it will accomplish what I wish to do.

Thank you all for your responses.

Thank you for the suggestion, but Snag-it is not an option for me. I will look into the snipping tool within Windows 7 though; I wasn't aware that it existed.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Should have read this more carefully since you explain how to get the tool from clicking on the Start menue and typing snip in the search menu.

... and I just pinned it to my start menu also.

You can also create a mapkey that will launch the snipping tool:

(But I prefer and use the flexibility Snagit offers...)

snipping+mapkey.jpg

In Creo Illustrate you can copy screen so you can paste it in some paint prog. They could put this in Creo Parametric now that graphics are amped.

thanks you this solution can print 600 dpi picture

It is also possible to position the model to your needs, and then click File > Save as > Save a copy > .jpg.

set what settings you like and click OK.

you now have at better screenshot then the snippingtool.

Top Tags