cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Screw is not displayed in the hole

MK_5990081
3-Visitor

Screw is not displayed in the hole

Why is my screw not displayed in the hole? It looks like the drilling has a higher priority. Can someone help me?

4 REPLIES 4

@MK_5990081 wrote:

Why is my screw not displayed in the hole? It looks like the drilling has a higher priority. Can someone help me?

Hi,

1.) switch to Hidden Line display and upload the picture once again

2.) if it is possible create small simple assembly reproducing the problem and upload it

Martin Hanák
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MK_5990081)

Small interferences and intersections are difficult math problems. My guess is if you open up the hole so that there is no interference then the fastener will display correctly. You have very large geometry relative to the size of the interference and part accuracy is likely a problem. You could also try increasing the accuracy.

The better approach though is to try and avoid having interferences to begin with.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MK_5990081)

It looks like you placed the screw first and then drilled the hole as an assembly feature. If you did this and used "automatic intersection" in the assembly feature, the hole will remove the geometries of any part that the software determines it intersects. In the assembly feature, you can turn off automatic intersection" and then remove the screw from the parts being intersected selected the component in the intersected models list and right mouse button to remove the component.

StephenWilliams_0-1627037865239.png

Hi

As per your picture, it looks like an assembly cut, if that is true then make sure to unselect the screw from the assembly cut.

Regards 

Pushkar

Top Tags