cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Section/detailed view note

Oblomov
7-Bedrock

Section/detailed view note

In Creo Parametric 2D drawings, is there a way to change the notes that are added when I introduce a section or a detailed view in a drawing?

For instance, the default for a new section view is "Section X-X", but I would like to change the word "Section" to the equivalent in my language automatically, as changing it by hand every time is tedious. Similarly, I would like to edit the default note for all detailed views. 

Do I have to edit the iso.dtl file? I am aware that something similar exists for auxiliary views (http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/detail/detail_options.html, see "aux_view_note_format") but I could not find any similar configuration option for sections or detailed views.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mvitárius
15-Moonstone
(To:Oblomov)

From Article - CS35106

Is it possible to change default section name from 'SECTION <section name>' to 'CUT <section name>' for new drawing section views ?  

Default cross-section and detailed view names can only be influenced through detail option view_note in order to use specific standards
  • Available values are : std_ansi, std_iso, std_jis, std_din, std_gb, std_eskd
  • Theses are predefined standards and default names can't be set manually

So it is possible to change, but only by  the predefined standards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mvitárius
15-Moonstone
(To:Oblomov)

From Article - CS35106

Is it possible to change default section name from 'SECTION <section name>' to 'CUT <section name>' for new drawing section views ?  

Default cross-section and detailed view names can only be influenced through detail option view_note in order to use specific standards
  • Available values are : std_ansi, std_iso, std_jis, std_din, std_gb, std_eskd
  • Theses are predefined standards and default names can't be set manually

So it is possible to change, but only by  the predefined standards.

I see, thanks. I searched extensively but could not find the article you linked. Accepting this as solution

Top Tags