cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Sections fail when there is a spring inside the assembly

KL_9772930
4-Participant

Sections fail when there is a spring inside the assembly

I am using Creo Parametric Release 4.0 and DatecodeM150

Sections have never worked at places where they would cut a spring which is part of an assembly. The section looks fine in 3d, but fails on the drawing. Currently the spring has to be excluded from the section for it to work. Is this a known bug? Will this bug be fixed in Creo 8?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:KL_9772930)

The issue is not unique to springs, and not all springs act this way.  If you can't create a cross section for the spring itself, then there is an issue with how your spring is modeled.

TomU_0-1658485191141.png   TomU_2-1658485357544.png

2D cross sections of assembly drawings will sometimes fail to display properly if there is interference between the components.  I've also seen cross sections fail when the section perfectly lies on a vertex in the geometry.  Try eliminating interferences.  If that doesn't work try shifting the cross section slightly (.005") and see if that makes any difference.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

The issue is not unique to springs, and not all springs act this way.  If you can't create a cross section for the spring itself, then there is an issue with how your spring is modeled.

TomU_0-1658485191141.png   TomU_2-1658485357544.png

2D cross sections of assembly drawings will sometimes fail to display properly if there is interference between the components.  I've also seen cross sections fail when the section perfectly lies on a vertex in the geometry.  Try eliminating interferences.  If that doesn't work try shifting the cross section slightly (.005") and see if that makes any difference.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Another suggestion.  Try deleting and recreating the cross section.  I have seen issues with cross sections created in earlier versions that didn't work in later versions and couldn't be fixed (even by PTC).  The simple solution was just to recreate them.

There were a bunch of things fixed with cross sections around the Creo 6.0.3.0 time frame.  It's possible that moving to a more recent version of Creo may fix the problems your having.

KL_9772930
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Thank you, unfortunately the springs are from a standard library so the user can not modify them. I guess they will just need to exclude them from the section.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Not a known bug. Is it just a normal, solid geometry spring? I just went and found a random spring and made an assy and view. I haven't ever seen a problem with a spring in a section.

StephenW_1-1658485442281.png

Hi,

if any of the assembly components contain imported geometry, this can cause the problem.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags