cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Select Volume Region for Max Prin Strain Measure in Creo Parametric Simulate 2.0?

danderson
11-Garnet

Select Volume Region for Max Prin Strain Measure in Creo Parametric Simulate 2.0?

Hi,

Please confirm that it's not possible to select a Volume Region in a part for a Simulate measure of Max Prin Strain while in Creo Parametric Simulate 2.0 (m120) ?

Trying to use a volume region for a feasibility study where a strain measure tied to a volume region.

This selection works in Creo Simulate 3.0 but appears not to be available in Simulate 2.0

Thanks

Don Anderson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:danderson)

Don,

I cannot in 2.0 M100

I can in 3.0 M060

Looks like a Creo 2 limitation.

bfn

Charles

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
346gnu
12-Amethyst

Don,

I cannot in 2.0 M100

I can in 3.0 M060

Looks like a Creo 2 limitation.

bfn

Charles

Charles,

The only way I found that I could do it was to first assign the volume region to a layer and then select the layer for the measure.

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Don,

Nice one.

Perhaps you should mark yourself as correct and get the star for tenacity?

Hi Charles,

It appears that selection by layer fails to work. The measure fails to report any values during the analysis.

Have you found a way to tie a strain measure to a volume region in Creo 2?

Looking like I will have to bounce back and forth between Creo 2 and Creo 3 for this project.

Thanks,

Don

346gnu
12-Amethyst

That's intriguing.

I managed in 2.0m100 using your layer method. See below.

I should have chosen a model that I could hand calc. I have no idea whether the measure is a sensible value.

Model attached if you want a look.

Hi Charles,

I will need to look into this further. My analysis involves using a non-linear analysis with a non-linear material.

Changing yours to non-linear and it still works so there must me something else going on with my model.

I will investigate further and get back to you on what I find.

Thank you for looking at this so quickly!

Don

346gnu
12-Amethyst

No problem,

A welcome distraction from a particularly troublesome study.

Top Tags