cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Selecting Constraints

medwards-2
1-Newbie

Selecting Constraints

Hello

I am and old Solidworks user that has since moved to Creo 3.0. I was wondering if there was an easy way to select and delete constrains in creo similar to the way you delete constraints in solidworks. When I try to click on any particular constraint in creo I am not able to actually select it and delete it so I have been relying on over defining the part then deleting the old constraint

Thanks

M

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:medwards-2)

If it's strong constraints, you can select them by either using the smart filter in the lower right hand corner or using query select with the right mouse button.

If it's weak constraints, you can just add a constraint or dimension and the weak one(s) will just automagically be removed. Sometimes it removes the wrong weak constraint or dimension but just keep adding strong dimensions and constraints consistent with your design intent and you'll get rid off all the weak ones.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:medwards-2)

If it's strong constraints, you can select them by either using the smart filter in the lower right hand corner or using query select with the right mouse button.

If it's weak constraints, you can just add a constraint or dimension and the weak one(s) will just automagically be removed. Sometimes it removes the wrong weak constraint or dimension but just keep adding strong dimensions and constraints consistent with your design intent and you'll get rid off all the weak ones.

Of course we are talking about sketcher constraints, right?

You can select them, and you can delete them if they are strong. System generated constraints are only "suggestions" and do not need to be removed. A good sketch will have no system generated weak constraints remaining.

For assembly constraints, you can turn on visibility of assembly constraints in the assembly model tree with the filter settings.

...and welcome to the forum, Matt

Thank you. Yes I was looking at deleting strong constraints and that helped out quite a bit thanks. I wish it was a bit easier such as holding alt or control to select constraints. I;m used to the speed of solidworks haha

Top Tags