cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Selecting Quilts

TG_10520066
6-Contributor

Selecting Quilts

How can I select Quilt F160 from the model tree? I can't select Feature 160 from the graphics window. Any alternate ways to select the desired quilts? Thanks!

TG_10520066_1-1685043851393.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:TG_10520066)

When you merge quilts, the order in which they are selected matters.  The new joined quilt retains the identity of the first on picked (the top quilt in the merge list) and the others effectively do not exist.

With all of the merges in your tree, I would guess that the Fill 10 quilt has been consumed in a merge.

I always try to keep the first quilt as I do my merging.  This prevents lost references when making changes later, such as removing an unwanted quilt, as the name is always the same.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kdirth
20-Turquoise

You need to select both quilts in the tree before selecting merge.

TG_10520066
6-Contributor
(To:kdirth)

Thanks, It worked in this skeleton model but for another skeleton model when I do the same, "Merge" option is greyed out. What could be the reason?

TG_10520066_0-1685045978149.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise

When you merge quilts, the order in which they are selected matters.  The new joined quilt retains the identity of the first on picked (the top quilt in the merge list) and the others effectively do not exist.

With all of the merges in your tree, I would guess that the Fill 10 quilt has been consumed in a merge.

I always try to keep the first quilt as I do my merging.  This prevents lost references when making changes later, such as removing an unwanted quilt, as the name is always the same.

Top Tags