cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Selecting all driving surfaces in sheet metal part

MarkBohannon
7-Bedrock

Selecting all driving surfaces in sheet metal part

Is there an easy way to select all the driving surfaces (green side) of a sheet metal part?

Thanks,

Mark Bohannon

Creo & Windchill Administrator

Lenovo

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Hey Mark,

Set your Selection in options to "Intent Surface" and see if that allows you to grab just the green side. I think I remember this working for sheet metal.

Dean

I have tried "Surface' and 'Intent Surface' in the Find tool and both sides are returned in the Find results list. Not sure how to filter to just the one side.

I am talking about setting the selection filter under File...Options...Selection

selection.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion however it does not do exactly what I want. I would like to select all of the surfaces on one side of the sheet metal part.

I wonder if the Region Selection will do it. You can "box" across the whole model and only what is in the My Filter will get selected. I assume you want to select all these to do a surface copy?

Anyone remember the values for "marquee_selection_for_parts"? Is it yes/no...box.circle etc...?

The config option is a hidden one now but still comes up in Creo2.

Top Tags