cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Selection drop down in the bottom right

mmead
1-Newbie

Selection drop down in the bottom right

In the bottom right of the CREO window, is the drop down list that allows you to choose a filter for your pointer.  Is there a way to change the default so it will always revert to surface, or datum in the options menu? 

8 REPLIES 8
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:mmead)

I went through the list of configuration options for Creo 2 and there is no indication that you can set such a default. It might be problematic, anyway, because that list of possibilities is context-sensitive. The list of possible selections changes depending on what you are doing. I don't know if it is possible, but you could try to define a mapkey that does all the maddening repetitive clicks you need to get the desired setting.

GaryLinscheid
15-Moonstone

Take a look at the Selection options. I think you can set up your own My Filter and set it to be displayed by default.

1.jpg

Yeah i like this.  I had found this prior to my post but didn't understand what "My Filter" was.  Thanks for the help, this will be useful.

My next problem is if i go from just viewing and spinning, not actually doing anything to a command, the My Filter selection not only gets deselected but goes away completely.

Mostly I'm interested in having surface be my default filter when i choose the measure command.

It seemed like My Filter was going to be the answer but, like most things CREO it's real close to helpful, just not quite.   

rcook
6-Contributor

I use a mapkey that launches the measure tool and then switches the filter to surface.

mmead
1-Newbie
(To:rcook)

I think this is going to be my fix.  It's just one more map key to add to my ever growing list.  Thanks

TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:rcook)

I have also used mapkey and found out that a mapkey to measure distance between surfaces in assembly does not work in part mode as the selection filter menu is different.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TimoNurmi)

My mapkey works in both part and assembly mode.

mapkey md @MAPKEY_NAMEMeasure Distance Surface to Surface;\

mapkey(continued) @MAPKEY_LABELMeasure Planer Distance;~ Command `ProCmdNaMeasureDistance`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`1  `10`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdSelFilterSet` 90;

TimoNurmi
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Yes it does, thanks for sharing!

Top Tags