cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Servo Motor Question

MikeMinsterkett
1-Newbie

Servo Motor Question

I have an assembly where a part is assembled using a pin connection. I have limited the movement using a range in degrees. If I manually move the mechanism it works great. Iam having trouble getting the right servo motor or defining it correctly in mechanism. I want to add a motor that runs it in it's range of motion. Does anyone have any information or suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Sorry if the answer below is in part too basic.

Change Application from Standard to Mechanism.

Right click on Motors and “new”

Under “Driven Entity” click on arrow and then on your pin-connection symbol.

Your assembly body should turn green and your moving part should turn magenta.

Now click on Profile.

Change Position to Velocity.

Un-tick Current and enter your desired start position as you have specified it.

Leave Magnitude as constant and change A to the number of degrees you want to revolve your moving part per second. If you chose the normal 10 second analysis A should be set to a tenth of he desired span  A must be set negative if end degree figure is lower than start degree figure.  Klick OK to close motor definition.

Now rIght klick on Analysis and “new”

Leave all as it is, position, end time etc.  CAUTION! Value A*end_time must <= your specified end degree figure. If larger, the analysis will fail because your moving part will try to go beyond the end degree figure. If A*end time= difference between your start and end degree figures your should get what you want

Click run.

Top Tags