cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Shading Single Component in Assembly

ptc-1589706
1-Newbie

Shading Single Component in Assembly

I Did a search and could not find any related information. I have an assembly where I would like to show one component shaded while the remaining components are shown with hidden lines.

Anyway to do this in Creo 2.0?

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try in view Manager / Style and then you can controle every components

Regards.

psantos

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Try in view Manager / Style and then you can controle every components

Regards.

psantos

Nailed it......Thanks!

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:psantos)

Nice! I didn't know you could do this. Thanks Pedro!

Frank... WHAT?!

What do you mean you didn't know you could do this!! Style has been around for quite awhile. Quit playing with those coily springy things... you'll rot your brain.

At Wildfire 5 and beyond you can also set a component to transparent (which is nice). You also have some "enhanced realism" features which do a good job of giving you a slightly "prettier" image for presentations and such.

Yeah, definately brain rot! But, I'd used the style command rarely, but hadn't bothered with using it for shading. Normally I just use simp reps to turn things off entirely. This is certainly cool though. I generally don't tend to do much "visual aids" work anymore, like rendering etc., so I must have missed the memo!

Or, for a temporary display:

Select the part u want to change display then -> on the view ribbon -> open down model display tab ->component display style and choose which one u need.

Regars,

N.A.

Top Tags