cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Sheet Metal - Unwanted Rounded Details

merrill.rosenow
1-Newbie

Sheet Metal - Unwanted Rounded Details

Hello everyone, I have a Creo 2.0 question for you.

I am working with a sheet metal part. It is a simple rectangular sheet which I have chained an "L" shaped flange all the way around the outside and used the built-in miter functionality. As you can see in the attached Miter image, the feature looks good and is stable.

I circled the area in question. In the formed state, Creo has created the feature so that when it is formed, the corner is a flat edge with no deformations which protrude or form cavities in the side. The problem with this, is that in order to do this Creo created a small rounded surface at this corner in the flat. You can see this in the Round image as attached. Since this is no longer a basic intersection of two straightlines, it needlessly complicates our automatic CNC process.

Does anyone know how to make this an intersection of two straight lines? I have tried playing withthe relief options and nothing worked or it failed. I would like to keep this single simple chain miter feature as opposed to having to make many more features to obtain my intent. I can recreate this using multipleflanges, then notching them or adding tiny surfaces to the rounds to get the geometry I want but I'd like to avoid that if possible. Thank you in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Darn, I was hoping there was something simple I was missing. Time to make some extrudes I believe. 😞

Top Tags