cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

SheetMetal design - Flange on boundary blend

ccanales
1-Newbie

SheetMetal design - Flange on boundary blend

I am trying to create a flange on the top edge of a boundary blend in a sheet-metal part.

2015-11-18 11_35_33-0006861426 Rev_ 0.0+ In Work  (Active) - Creo Parametric.png

2015-11-18 11_36_53-0006861426 Rev_ 0.0+ In Work  (Active) - Creo Parametric.png

Do you any of you guys know why I can't extend the flange on the whole edge of the part ? (the line rounds on the sketches are all tangent)

Is there a better way to create this flange at the top of the part ?

I've enclosed the model.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Chris

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris,

I've attached a zip file with changes that I have made. 2 different part files. Not knowing the design requirements not sure what latitude you have to change where the radius meets the straight leg to get it to take the 29 length.

Don

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I believe it's do to the tight transition highlighted in yellow (small radius from flat to large curve). Flange trying to fold over on it's self.

I was only able to get it go if I made it 9 or less.

The sketch below with dim being edited allowed me to take the flange up to 15

Hope this helps,

Don Anderson

If you add more control points to the spline you might be able to control the transition from flat to curve and prevent the flange from folding over on itself.

Thanks a lot for your help Don.

Could you upload the file you have created ?

I tried to tweak the curvature of the spline (when it transitions with the line) but still got no luck.

when you are in the flange feature, do you select the chain by picking the different segments while holding shift ?

Chris,

I've attached a zip file with changes that I have made. 2 different part files. Not knowing the design requirements not sure what latitude you have to change where the radius meets the straight leg to get it to take the 29 length.

Don

Thanks a lot Don !

The only annoying thing is that I don't understand what are the requirements to get the flange to work (transition between the curve and the straight line).

curve.png

Top Tags