cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Sheetmetal - Change punch form from a copied part

skiz
3-Visitor

Sheetmetal - Change punch form from a copied part

Hi,

I have a problem with punch form in sheetmetal:

I made a copy of a part (part1.prt -> part2.prt) with several punch forms (part1_die01.prt, ...die04.prt).

Now the part2 is still linked to the punch forms from the part1 and I can't change the references.

What can I do? I don't want to redo and redefine all punch forms from the beginning. It is too much work!

How can I save a copy of the part1 and include copies of the punch forms (part1_die01.prt ->> part2_die01.prt) ?

Thanks,

Skiz

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Skiz,

I don't think there is any other way to get around this, other than by recreating the punch forms.  Also, next time, try creating the Punch Form feature using the Independent option.

There is additional information in the Help Center Document:

About the Punch Form User Interface

Thanks,

Amit

Hi Amit,

Thank for your answer.

I found a way to save the punch form:
I saved a backup of the part with a new name and imported it in a new workspace. Then I renamed all the components and I made a check in with the "Reuse" function. And then it worked!

Second solution: When saving a copy of the part, just chose Dependents => All requiried and then you can copy and rename the forms too.

But creating the Punch Form feature using the Independent option is still the best option! 🙂

Thanks,

Skiz

Top Tags