cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Sheetmetal unbend cylinder with profile

DieselPig
1-Newbie

Sheetmetal unbend cylinder with profile

Afternoon All

Is it possible to unbend a sheet metal cylinder with a profile? I have fiddled with this all day and tried a variety of options with no luck.

The attached picture shows the profile I created when revolving the cylinder. I want to unbend the cylinder to put more sketched forms on it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

and another... Creo 2.0 attached.

bubble_flange_iii.PNG

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Is there a picture of the entire part, not just a small piece?

Hi David

Whole part view.

Unbend_Whole.JPG

Have you tried cross section driven unbend....it moght work...but it also depends on the neibouring feature try to attach the whole model's image

Hi Manoj Kumar

Yes I have tried cross section unbend but I could not get it to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some history:

I started off with a plain extruded cylinder and attempted to use a sketched form for the profile but it won't run to the edges.

Then a revolved part as above with the profile but this wont unbend.

You might try a user defined flange. If I am understanding your image correctly, the flange would be along the diameter with the "lump" defined in the flange sketch.

I think the section unfold requires a planar surface:

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/pma/sheetmetal/Your_Design/About_Cross_Section_Driven_Unbends.html

Yep, that worked...

bubble_flange_ii.PNG

Hi Antonius

Thanks for that, I did try the cross section tool but I could not make it work.

The flange solution works.

and another... Creo 2.0 attached.

bubble_flange_iii.PNG

Hi Antonius

Just loaded your part and I see how it's done. Brilliant!

Must admit my ignorance of sheetmetal and it's functions.

Thank You very much.

Happy to help!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags