cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Show annotation just once in assembly

jeffreyrwalker
13-Aquamarine

Show annotation just once in assembly

Creo 3.0 M120

I have an assembly with the same component assembled multiple times.  When I use Show Annotations in assembly mode to display a dimension, it is displayed multiple times.  How can I show the dimension in the assembly just one time?

The dimension is a bolt circle diameter.  I'd love to create an annotation element (AE), in an annotation feature, for this dimension, but don't know how.  Is there a way to use a driving dimension in an annotation feature?

2 REPLIES 2

You can use a driving dimension in an annotation just like you'd do in a note. Let's say the dimension of interest is called "d1" in the model. When you are doing the note or annotation in the drawing, you call out the dimension in the text, such as

"THIS IS THE VALUE OF D1: &d1"

and it will put the value into the text. You can also set tolerances on the dimension and they will be brought into the annotation, too.

If you've created a dimension in a drawing and want to use it, you can do this, too. You just have to Edit the properties on the dimension of interest, then make note of its name, usually something like "ad1". You can then use &ad1 or whatever in the annotations just like we did &d1. I use this "cheat" a lot for bent sheet metal parts that have corner radii on them that I want to indicate in the bent part view. Comes in handy for countersink and counterbore dimensioning, too.

Thanks Kenneth.  I'd like to display the bolt circle diameter of a tapped hole (created at the part level) in the assembly.  The feature is created in the part and the same part is assembled 9 times in the assembly.  However, when I use "Show Annotation" in assembly mode to display the bolt circle diameter, it displays 9 times.  In the Detail Tree (while on the Annotation Tab in the assembly), the dimension is listed 9 times. If I could erase 8 out of 9 of the dimensions, I'd be ok with that, but all 9 erase as a group.

Shouldn't it show the dimension of the part feature only related to the particular part you chose, not all 9 simultaneously?

Top Tags