Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show extents of flat state in BOM

JAZOZevenaarbv

Show extents of flat state in BOM

To all, I want to show the extents of my sheetmetal flat state (aka flat pattern) in my BOM. So if a user removes or adds a flange to the folded state, the extents of the sheetmetal flat state changes, and the extents (width and height) will be automaticly updated in the BOM. How can I do this?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Flat Pattern Extents

Theo, I'm not sure I know exactly what you are trying to do. Why, for instance, are you creating a BOM for a single part? In any case, the following example may help. As illustrated above, create an Unbend All (Flat Pattern won't work because it's the last feature), then create a Sketch to show the extents of the Flat State. While in Sketcher create Reference Dimensions showing the size of the rectangular sketch. After leaving Sketcher, create Relations similar to the following: WIDTH=D35 & HEIGHT=D36. Now these parameters (WIDTH & HEIGHT) will be available in the Drawing, whether placed in a Table such as a BOM, or, more simply, a Note, such as "Flat State is &WIDTH X &HEIGHT". David

RE: Flat Pattern Extents

Theo, Create a driven dimension in the part (if you are using "flat state" rather than "flat pattern", create that in the flat instance). A driven dimension is an item under the Annotation Feature, which is a great enhancement PTC added in Wildfire. The driven dim will reference a geometry (just like a measurement) and it has a name which can be reported in a Repeat Region table on the drawing or in a parametric note.

RE: Flat Pattern Extents

Hi David and Hatim, Thank you both for your suggestions, but you are both overlooking one part of my question: A user should be able to modify the sheetmetal part (add or remove flanges, etc. etc.) and the extents should always be up-to-date. Both solutions will fail if a user adds or removes a flange, because the references of the driven-dimensions will be lost, causing a regeneration failure. I was hoping for a more automated solution, like Pro/E storing the extents of an instance in a parameter... David --> The BOM of an assembly will show the extents of the flat state of all sheetmetal parts.

Re: Show extents of flat state in BOM

Hi, has anyone found a solution for this issue?

I'm working with Creo 2.0 and I have the same problem to update the extents.

I thought to save a mapkey but I don't know how to say to creo that I only want to resume the Flat state function,the mapkey recorded points to a 'node' and it changes depending on how many functions you have...

I copy the mapkey:

mapkey gc @MAPKEY_NAMEGUARDAR CHAPA;@MAPKEY_LABELGUARDAR CHAPA; \

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` 1 `node12`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` `node12`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu` 1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Resume`;~ Command `ProCmdRegenPart` ; \

mapkey(continued) ~ RButtonArm `main_dlg_cur` `PHTLeft.AssyTree` `node12`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ PopupOver `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu` 1 `PHTLeft.AssyTree`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `ActionMenu`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `Suppress`;~ Activate `del_sup_msg` `ok`; \

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdModelSave` ;~ Activate `storage_conflicts` `OK_PushButton`;

I have relations to keep the the extents but I have to regenerate always to reload the values(if not,the dimensions are not reloaded).

In this case,it is pointing to 'node 12'. Does anyone to point to the last function in the AssyTree?Because the flat state function is always the last function.

Announcements